The Chicago & North Western #1385 is a 4-6-0 Ten Wheeler locomotive. It was built by the American Locomotive Company (ALCo) in 1907. It was a member of the railroad's R-1 Class. With 325 locomotives, the R-1 was the most numerous class of steam locomotives on the C&NW. At the time they were ordered they were considered modern power and the railroad had to be considerably upgraded to handle the new, large locomotives including strengthening and enlarging turntables, engine houses, and bridges. #1385 was retired in 1956 but survives today at the Mid-Continent Railway Museum. As of this writing it was undergoing a complete rebuild.